Incoming Message [UPDATE]

Incoming Message [UPDATE]

Dear Customers, Friends, Fans, ...

the year 2016 is coming to its end. We´ve had a hard time in 2016, but we are looking forward to the new year confidently.

We are very proud of Brooklyn 4.0 for which we released 12 patches and 9 new demos!

We also made countless improvements on Brooklyn itself, which make the theme unique and outstanding on the market. We made our way from a One-Pager-System to a real Multi-Purpose-Theme which comes with a Drag and Drop Page Builder and that is just awesome!

Currently we are working at full speed on a new Landing-Page for Brooklyn, which covers all of its features – and this are quite a few!

At the same time we are working on the last patch in 2016 for Brooklyn. (We unfortunately have to move the patch to next year!)

This contains:
    • Mega Menu
    • Overlay Menu
    • New Landing-Page as demo with all features of Brooklyn
    • Bugfixes
    • Perhaps a brand new demo (not sure if we manage it in time)

Our goal is to bring Brooklyn back to the top and therefore we give everything.

We are on Christmas Holidays from 12-23-16 to 01-03-17! During this time there will be no support either!

Currently Brooklyn is on Christmas Sale with 50 % off! A good time to get your Brooklyn License or your Support time for short money!

Last but not least we want to say thank you for your support and trust!

Of course we wish you all a merry Christmas with your loved ones and hope to see you all healthy in 2017!

Your United Themes Team
    Andreea, Matthias, Marcel
    Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)

Please, do not send any private messages before I have asked for!

Click ---> My WordPress Theme isn't working, what should I do?

Click ---> Brooklyn FAQ Page

Click ---> Visual Composer FAQ Page

Sorry to ask this but do you have plans to release said last patch of 2016 today/tomorrow before your holidays? I ask as I do not want to fully design my site only to restart it from scratch again with the new changes (I always do it again with a clean theme rather than upgrading).

Also, have a good holiday too and thank you for the work!
    Hi rcobbold,

we still working on it, the new patch is bigger than expected :)
    Images
    • sneak peek.jpg

747.31 kB, 2,543×5,316, viewed 72 times

Click ---> My WordPress Theme isn't working, what should I do?

Click ---> Brooklyn FAQ Page

Click ---> Visual Composer FAQ Page

Okay thanks, can I just ask then - do you plan on moving everything over to VC?

I am going to build a site from scratch with all the speed tweaks we discussed in other threads basically which some were going into the new update so I was waiting for that but I do not want to use VC and hopefully can continue to use your shortcodes system with the theme which updating will not break anything - would this be okay?
    Greetings @rcobbold,

we will keep the shortcode system since VC is based on shortcodes, means you don't have to use VC but VC needs to be installed in order to be able to use all shortcodes available. Hope this helps :)
    No Support: 03.03.2017 - 05.03.2017 (Central European Time)

WordPress Customization
    We are now in February and there is still not a new release to fix all the issues and slow performance of this theme, I am quite disappointed. Instead of working on new features, at least bring out something to fix the bugs and slowness of the theme and please, do not blame Visual Composer which has been said before to cause the issues - I have bought another theme now and Visual Composer works with it flawlessly and without any issues bogging it down which means it is your theme.

Thanks for the theme whilst I have used it, but unfortunately I have gone somewhere else now.
    Having exact same problem. After building my site localy for 2 weeks now and working fine, since making it live google fonts stoped working but worst of all it takes forever to load up. I agree with the above comment, very disappointed do I really have to start from scratch again with another theme?
    If you search a post by eDok about performace, you'll see there is tips on fixing the speed issues which are apparently fixed in a new theme update they are working on but my issue is the fact they have yet to release this to address the issues that people are constantly making posts about, the speed and such.

New features are great, but at least release quicker updates to fix the issues people are having and they would not need to make another post to hire a support member when these new posts mostly keep cropping up with the same issues because they are taking too long to fix them.

Just to add, eDok got pretty similar statistics to mine and we can get under 1 second initial load then instant load once cached, but that requires using several addons to tweak the theme and altering some of the code.
    Hi,

We're very sorry for the delay.. Unfortunately I've heard from Matthias this week that the update release will be taking a bit longer. I will be notifying him of everything you said here.

I know it's frustrating, but I also know they are doing their best. I am aware that you are one of the clients who can appreciate working more on improving the theme than on adding new features, but unfortunately you are part of the few. The majority of our customers have been requesting these and we made the decision to comply to their requests. You can also see all over the forum that people always want more customizability without them having to code it (or pay someone to code it). We've been trying to give them that and naturally, adding so many thing can affect performance. I am confident that Matthias will take care of the performance issues as well as I know they want to deliver a great product.

Thanks for your patience, understanding and support.
    THIS STAFF MEMBER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Please wait for a response from another support staff member.

Best Regards,
    Andreea

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES IF NOT REQUESTED TO DO SO. Open a public thread to receive support.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE SUPPORT YOU'VE RECEIVED FROM ME? Repay me by leaving a review for the theme I've helped with

:?: What do we mean by support?

:?: Brooklyn FAQ
    Hello Andreea,

Unfortunately I have since moved to another theme due to the delay in getting things fixed. Whilst I can understand users want more things, fixing the issues with the theme should come first rather than working on said features.

If you look, you will see my point that people ask the same questions about things which are not fixed or need tweaking and others have supplied their 'workarounds'. If these were fixed when introduced to the developers as issues, you would not have a large number of the same things submitted each time.

I do web development and whilst I do not code Wordpress themes, I use it for my website for convenience and because I can use WHMCS linked into the theme without issues for an ordering system for clients. If I coded their website and kept adding new features without fixing issues that currently stand they would move elsewhere and this is how I feel about this theme.

Thanks whilst it lasted, the theme is great as I said before, it has features, easy to use and such but the performance not being fixed is not something I can live with any more.
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this :( we will try to improve. Thank you for your feedback.
    THIS STAFF MEMBER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Please wait for a response from another support staff member.

Best Regards,
    Andreea

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES IF NOT REQUESTED TO DO SO. Open a public thread to receive support.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE SUPPORT YOU'VE RECEIVED FROM ME? Repay me by leaving a review for the theme I've helped with

:?: What do we mean by support?

:?: Brooklyn FAQ