Video integration

Video integration

Hi!

I'm planning on a new website which include a lot of short videos uploaded in Vimeo (exactly 25 persons, 50 videos each =1250 videos) All are 7 mins and talking on different subjects.

I really like Brooklyn even though its has it's own problems and above all I like the support you guys give. I would like to use this theme themeforest.unitedthemes.com/wpversions/brooklyn/demo23/ for this purpose.

I'm curious about few things,
    -Is Brooklyn able to handle this much videos?
    -Does Brooklyn have a search bar?
    -Can I have 25 portfolios (each for each person categorised into subjects that they talk about)?
    -Will the website be super slow?
    -Am I taking a bad choice by going for Brooklyn for this particular need? :)

Would appreciate if you could help me out. If you don't recommend Brooklyn for this, can you suggest something for this purpose?

Regards
    Hi,

Since the videos don't autoplay or anything it shouldn't be a problem with handling a large number of portfolio items. You do need to consider server related issues and make sure to choose a hosting that can handle that.

Brooklyn doesn't have a search particularly, except the normal Wordpress search widget which can be used in sidebars.

Are you referring to 25 separate showcases? Yes, sure.

The site shouldn't be slow if you optimize the images for the thumbnails (the featured images). The videos won't be loading until the user opens a portfolio item, so they shouldn't affect the initial load time or normal navigation.

I don't see a reason why Brooklyn would be a bad choice. Like I mentioned before, I feel like the amount of data would have a higher impact on the server and hosting, rather than the theme itself.
    THIS STAFF MEMBER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Please wait for a response from another support staff member.

Best Regards,
    Andreea

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES IF NOT REQUESTED TO DO SO. Open a public thread to receive support.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE SUPPORT YOU'VE RECEIVED FROM ME? Repay me by leaving a review for the theme I've helped with

Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)

:?: What do we mean by support?

:?: Brooklyn FAQ
    Hi,

You're welcome!

I'm afraid I don't have any good recommendations since I haven't used one for such a project. It's also good to find something with servers in the location your users will be from. You'll need to research this on Google.
    THIS STAFF MEMBER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Please wait for a response from another support staff member.

Best Regards,
    Andreea

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES IF NOT REQUESTED TO DO SO. Open a public thread to receive support.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE SUPPORT YOU'VE RECEIVED FROM ME? Repay me by leaving a review for the theme I've helped with

Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)

:?: What do we mean by support?

:?: Brooklyn FAQ