Upgrading from old Brooklyn 2016 to newer Brooklyn 2023

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Upgrading from old Brooklyn 2016 to newer Brooklyn 2023

I purchased Brooklyn version 4.2.4 back in 2016 and was able to assemble a very nice website for someone w very little tech/website knowledge; according to my hosting source (godaddy.com) during a call yesterday w tech support, that version isn't up to date enough to make my site function properly. Godaddy tech recommended I purchase the latest Brooklyn version updated Nov 27 2023. Before I do so, I'd like to know if you agree that this is a logical step to correct issues w my current (old) site. Thank you!
  • Hi,

this is a possible solution since its always recommended going with the latest theme version.

But due to the fact, that the installation is currently very old, you could run into setting issues since a lot of has changed in the past.

If so,please contact us and we will help as best as possible.
    Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)
    Please, do not send any private messages unless I ask for them!
  • Upgrading from old Brooklyn 2016 to newer Brooklyn 2023

Matthias, thx for getting back to me on this topic. I believe I'll buy the current version and see if my old site content plays nice w the newer version. I don't imagine it'll be too hard to populate the new template in a similar way since it's a one page site. Plus the new version is still quite affordable. I plan to purchase the support 'add on' so if/when I encounter hiccups/issues, I can reach out to you and your colleagues for tech support. Thx and have a fine weekend. KM
  • Successfully Upgrading from old Brooklyn 2016 to newer Brooklyn 2023

Matthias, just an update to let you know that I was able to successfully transition my original Brooklyn theme from 2016 to 2023 with only a few slight hiccups. Thx for making the theme so similar to the original that the update went so smoothly. I still may have a few questions re: tweaks, but all is operating well and looking great. Have a fine weekend. KM
  • Reactivating Count Up Box in Brooklyn 2023

Matthias, after tweaking my updated site it appears that the count up box is no longer working. Is that an element that can be restored? Or is it no longer operational?

Also, It's been years since I adjusted the footer and I don't recall how to do so. Can you provide instructions on how to update that section? Thx, KM
    Images
    • Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 3.46.36 PM.png

354.47 kB, 1,818×1,386, viewed 31 times
  • Hi,

this just makes sure you are a valid customer ;) I really dont like spending my time for people who are trying to obtain support while not even have paid for the theme. So its nothing personal :)

McMACCO wrote:

Matthias, after tweaking my updated site it appears that the count up box is no longer working. Is that an element that can be restored? Or is it no longer operational?

Yes in this case please use the newer Number Counter Module in this case.

McMACCO wrote:

Also, It's been years since I adjusted the footer and I don't recall how to do so. Can you provide instructions on how to update that section? Thx, KM
    That really depends, when it comes to the footer is usually a bunch of widgets managed under Appearance > Widgets but one step above it the contact section and this on is mananaged in Theme Options > Advanced > Contact Section Content.
  • Thx for your responses...I'll browse the dashboard for the newer number counter module and hope I can figure out how to replace the old one (wordpress is NOT my strong suit!) And I'll tinker with the footer as well. If I have issues w one or both, I'll circle back. I appreciate your comment on the free support as well...in the U.S. those peeps are called tire kickers or window shoppers. Thx
  • Hi,

could you share a link with me showing your website? So I can give you further instructions about the footer.

About the module: click on the plus sign below the current count down module (see your screenshot) then seach for the number counter module - now the builder will place the module beneath the current one, so you can compare them until ylou have finished the settings. Then remove the upper one.
  • Matthias, no worries on the response timing...not in any hurry. I was able to change the date, so thx. On the footer topic, can you instruct me on how to change the graphics in that area? I navved around the dashboard but can't figure out how to edit that section w the photo and the contact boxes info. Thx