Purchase of Updated Theme

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Purchase of Updated Theme

We have a website that was done a long time ago. It seems to be running the Brooklyn theme, but it is version 2.3. That makes me think it is really old. We have some features that aren't working as they should be, and I know we need support. The original developer who created it is long gone, so we have no idea of the purchase info for it, so my suggestion was purchasing a new license. How will it effect our site to go from a version that is probably many years old to an upgrade on the theme?
  • Hi,

thanks for getting in touch with us. It could be happen some elements will be broken, because your current version is very old!

But the good news is, if you have truoble with the theme update, you will find help in our support forum for sure.

Hope this helps!

Have a nice day.

Marcel
    Support Times
    Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm (Berlin, Germany)
    Monday to Friday 6pm - 3am (Melbourne, Australia)
    Monday to Friday 3am - 12am (Brooklyn, USA)
    Monday to Friday 12am - 9am (Los Angeles, USA)

Response Time
    12-48 hours (depending on workload)
    Please, do not send any private messages before I have asked for!
  • Broken portfolio

Hi guys,

Bought the theme a while ago, it's updated. The portfolio is collapsed and now sucks.
    After a click to any button, it's okay and it opens but it would be great to have it like before (already open to show portfolio).

Any clue what's doing that? Is the WP Fastest Cache is a problem?

Help!
    my email is lpbellier at gmail in case
  • Hi,

could please register with the support forum first: helpdesk.unitedthemes.com/index.php/Register/ You can still do this even if your support has expired.

So we can verify you as a customer. Afterwards we can make further inspections.
    Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)
  • Broken portfolio

WordPress Version:URL:Installed Theme:Theme Version:PHP Version:Installed Plugins:
    mauvemango.com
    Brooklyn

• backupbuddy/backupbuddy.php
    • contact-form-7-recaptcha/index.php
    • contact-form-7/wp-contact-form-7.php
    • easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/init.php
    • ewww-image-optimizer/ewww-image-optimizer.php
    • logo-slider/logo-slider.php
    • sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php
    • social-networks-auto-poster-facebook-twitter-g/NextScripts_SNAP.php
    • ut-portfolio/ut-portfolio.php
    • ut-pricing/ut-pricing.php
    • ut-shortcodes/ut-shortcodes.php
    • ut-twitter/ut-twitter.php
    • wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php
    • wp-fastest-cache/wpFastestCache.php
    • wp-maintenance-mode/wp-maintenance-mode.php
    • wp-seo-qtranslate-x/wordpress-seo-qtranslate-x.php
    • wpml-sticky-links/plugin.php
    • wpml-string-translation/plugin.php
    • wpml-translation-management/plugin.php
  • This is not the latest version of Brooklyn. Go to your Showcase settings and set the width and heigth of your images. This solve this issue.
    Support Times
    Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm (Berlin, Germany)
    Monday to Friday 6pm - 3am (Melbourne, Australia)
    Monday to Friday 3am - 12am (Brooklyn, USA)
    Monday to Friday 12am - 9am (Los Angeles, USA)

Response Time
    12-48 hours (depending on workload)
  • Thanks for that reply. So, we want to update to the latest version, with the least amount of issues, since ours is so old. What is the best way to (1) purchase and (2) install it so things run as smoothly as possible on the upgrade?
  • Hi,

there is no need for an extra purchase. If you open your download area at themeforest and download the theme again, the package will automatically contain the latest theme version.

However, if you are on an old version I recommend making an entire site backup before performing any updates. We can recommend updraftplus.com/ for that, they have a free version which covers all the basic needs to a backup.

After you updated the theme, please make sure to update all plugins too. Check "Appearance" > "Plugins" after you updated the theme.

If you have used any cache plugin, purge the cache of these plugins otherwise you might have issues with the visual appearance since old cached code with be mixed with new code.

Hope that helps.
    Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)