Unable to activate the Shortcodes plugin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unable to activate the Shortcodes plugin

Hello,

we have downloaded your Brooklyn | Creative Multi-Purpose Responsive WordPress Theme and trying to install it at the moment. However, we are not able to activate the Shortcodes plugin, since there is an error after clicking the button "Activate". You can find attached the screenshot showing the error.

Could you please tell me what to do now?

Thank you very much.
    Images
    • Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 12.20.29.png

1.38 MB, 4,096×2,196, viewed 65 times
  • Hi,

Welcome to our support forum :) My name is Matthias, and I'm here to help with all your theme related questions and issues.

the installation seems to be incomplete.

Please open your Dahsboard (if possible) and then delete the shortcode plugin. If you can't access it, pleae open your FTP Client and delete ut-shortcodes folder from wp-content/plugins and then install the plugin again.
    Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)
    Please, do not send any private messages before I have asked for!
  • Hello,

I'm a beginner, I'm new to this and I need rookie help.

I am having the same issue with a plugin..... I cannot activate Brooklyn Page Builder (Visual Composer) plugin as it continues to trigger a "Fatal error" see below:

"Warning: require_once(/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/autoload/vc-shortcode-autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/js_composer.php on line 181

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/autoload/vc-shortcode-autoloader.php' (include_path='/:.') in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/js_composer.php on line 181"

Do I delete it? But if I delete it, how do I ensure to install it again? How do I find it in the "Brooklyn" folder to upload again if I delete it to reinstall.

Please help me! I need easy explanations and solution.

Thank you in advance,
    Sharon
    Images
    • download.png

111.39 kB, 977×883, viewed 26 times
  • Hello Sharon,

the error sounds like an incomplete installation, for some reason a file is missing.

Yes in this case please click on delete and wait until its removed, then click on Brooklyn in your Dashboard which will then prompt you the welcome screen of the theme.

On this screen you will find a Install button for the Page Builder to install the plugin again.

Let us know the results.
    Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)
    Please, do not send any private messages before I have asked for!