Brooklyn 4.2.5 update to Current Brooklyn Original

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Brooklyn 4.2.5 update to Current Brooklyn Original

I'm ready to buy your New Version of the Brooklyn Original theme. But I have some questions.

I bought, installed and customized your #1 Brooklyn Original theme for WP 5 years ago in 2017. It was Version 4.2.5, dated 1/6/2017.

Since then, I have been informed by my hosting company (many times!) that I must upgrade to the current PHP version (7.3). They have charged me an extended support fee to keep outdated versions of PHP on my site. I have hesitated to do this over the years because a few years ago I updated my PHP version and the Brooklyn theme no longer functioned correctly.

Can you tell me, does the current “New Version” of the Brooklyn Original theme work with PHP 7.3? Do you know how many versions, as PHP changes every year or so, the current NV Brooklyn Original theme will support?

Are there any ways of updating the 2017 original theme so that it will function with newer versions of PHP?

If I need to replace my version of #1 Brooklyn Original with the current new version, will all the customizations and artifacts I used in the first installation transfer seamlessly, or will I need to start a new installation from scratch?

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi,

the most recent version of the theme is compatible with PHP 7 and 8.

However, I can see issue with the theme update from 4.2.5 to the recent version because a lot of stuff happened in the meantime. It can work but depending the the setup you might have to adjust a few thing.

But we can help in this case if technical issue arise.
    Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)
    Please, do not send any private messages before I have asked for!
  • Tips on install Brooklyn 4.2.5 update to Current Brooklyn Original

Hi. I just renewed my support (although it was under my username fundunkis, not the username ahmcclb I used for this thread). Can you give me tips on how to do a version update? Do I just install the new version (when I buy it) over the old version? Or do install the new version in a separate folder and then transfer settings/customized files, etc.? Let me know if I can contact you directly to correspond over this, if necessary. Thanks.
  • Hi,

please login with your account by using the envato login button and open a thread in our regular support area and we will discuss everything.
    Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)
    Please, do not send any private messages before I have asked for!