Brooklyn loading time? and vimeoembeds...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Brooklyn loading time? and vimeoembeds...

Hey there,
    I am very impressed by the Brooklyn theme, and it fits our company well as we have a lot of good photo material.
    But exactly because of that, I am unsure of how the loading time would be.
    It seems like the site loads completely at the beginning?
    Does photo galleries load afterwards when clicked upon?
    It is not the whole site that needs to be loaded at once, right?
    Otherwise with the amount of photo material we would put in it, it would become quite heavy.

Another question is about vimeo videos.
    Is it possible to embed our vimeo videos to reduce loading time, or do they need to be locally stored?

Thanks a lot for the help
  • Hi,

Brooklyn is making use of lazyloading (if you are familiar with the term) which means exactly that not everything is loaded at once. You will probably need a good caching plugin though if you will have lots of images, especially is they are high res to help decrease load time.

You can include Vimeo videos, youtube video and Wordpress default embeds codex.wordpress.org/Embeds
    THIS STAFF MEMBER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Please wait for a response from another support staff member.

Best Regards,
    Andreea

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES IF NOT REQUESTED TO DO SO. Open a public thread to receive support.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE SUPPORT YOU'VE RECEIVED FROM ME? Repay me by leaving a review for the theme I've helped with

Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)

:?: What do we mean by support?

:?: Brooklyn FAQ
  • Hi,

Yes there is. Why is it that you cannot access the forum? I'm not the one handling these issues, but I believe you need the license to access it.
    THIS STAFF MEMBER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Please wait for a response from another support staff member.

Best Regards,
    Andreea

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES IF NOT REQUESTED TO DO SO. Open a public thread to receive support.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE SUPPORT YOU'VE RECEIVED FROM ME? Repay me by leaving a review for the theme I've helped with

Support Times: Monday to Friday (Central European Time)
    Response Time: 12-48 hours (depending on workload)

:?: What do we mean by support?

:?: Brooklyn FAQ